Education Director – The Education Director for the Make Your M.A.R.K.™ (Motivated Academically Ready Kids) Program is responsible for the operation and implementation of this after school educational reading and math program at two elementary schools in the Allentown School District. This part-time position includes recruiting 15 students at Sheridan Elementary School and 22 students at McKinley School for the program and implementing the established individualized prescriptive curriculum. Monitor students’ work and inspire them to achieve their best at each session. Maintain all records and evaluate each student’s progress through an established evaluation system. Supervise part-time staff members and/or volunteers. This Boys & Girls Club of Allentown position is located at Sheridan Elementary School and McKinley Elementary School in Allentown, PA. A four year accredited college degree in education or its equivalent is required. Strong communication skills both oral and written needed. 26 hours per week which includes 10 hours on site Monday – Thursday from 3:00-5:30 p.m. and the other 16 hours are for paperwork. $15 per hour. (This position could also be available for less hours if the applicant can only work at one school). EOE. Please submit resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
When responding to postings please specify the job you are replying to in your cover letter.
Literacy Instructor- A Literacy Instructor is responsible for implementing the Boys & Girls Club of Allentown’s Imagination Station computer classes at Central Elementary School in Allentown, PA. This is a computer literacy program for 10 Kindergarten, first or second grade students during the academic year and in the summer. A two to four year accredited college degree in a field related to education and development of youth is required. Experience in instructing youth is essential. Bi-lingual experience is an asset. Part-time, hours in the school year are Monday through Thursday from 2:30-5:15 p.m. (or 11 hours per week); $13.50 per hour. EOE. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
When responding to this position please specify the job you are applying to in your cover letter and send a resume.
Clearances – How to Apply
In order to volunteer or be employed at BGCA you will need to present all three clearances that are less than one year old. You can obtain the clearances at the following places listed below. Both the PA Criminal Background check and the PA Child Abuse check may become free at no charge to volunteers by the end of July 2015. Stay tuned for further details about this state wide change.
Act 34 – PA Criminal Background
- Please select “Volunteer or Employment” depending on your circumstance for the Purpose of Request entry
- Apply online via the “epatch” system at https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Pay with credit/debit card ($10.00)
- Results should be instantaneous unless they are “under review” in which case, note your reference number and date of application and use that information to check back on the “epatch” website periodically until your results are available.
- Print clearance (be sure you click all the way through to the “certification form” button – the document you print must show your social security number, DOB, etc.) and submit to HR with other clearances.
- IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE: When you go into the PA Criminal Background clearance to view and print it, if you don’t either SAVE or PRINT out the clearance by clicking on the “CERTIFICATION” button, you will NOT BE ABLE to view or print out the actual clearance if you go back into the site. The CERTIFICATION button is just above the “BACK” button. Please be certain to PRINT your certification/clearance form before closing the page for yourself and BGCA.
Act 151 – PA Child Abuse
- Apply online at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
- You will need to create an account with a valid email address in order to apply (please follow directions carefully)
- Pay with credit/debit card ($10.00)
- This is a new online procedure; response time is anywhere between immediate and 2 weeks.
- Print clearance and submit to BGCA with other clearances
Act 114 – FBI Cogent Fingerprinting
- Apply online at https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_dpwNew.htm
- Register and pay with credit/debit card ($28.75)
- Print receipt and take it to a fingerprint location with a form of ID and get fingerprinted. There are a limited number of fingerprint locations listed on the website. The most convenient location to BGCA is the UPS Store on Lehigh Street, Allentown.
- Submit a copy of your receipt with the clearance that will arrive in the mail to BGCA along with your other clearances.
Affirmative Action Statement The Boys & Girls Club of Allentown provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, as noted in the EEO Statement, without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, or national origin, and promotes the full realization of this policy through a positive, continuing program of affirmative action. The Boys & Girls Club of Allentown is committed to equal opportunity for all applicants and employees in personnel matters including recruitment and hiring, benefits, training, promotion, compensation, transfer and layoff or termination. We strive for a staff that reflects diversity. We will attempt to achieve and maintain a diverse work force. These steps may include, but are not limited to, the following: 1. Pursuing our affirmative action program along with regular review by the Board of Directors. 2. Ensuring that the Boys & Girls Club of Allentown’s policy regarding equal employment opportunity is communicated to all employees. 3. Ensuring that hiring, promotion and salary administration practices are fair and consistent with the policy of the Boys & Girls Club. 4. Reporting to the Board of Directors on all activities and efforts to implement the Boys & Girls Club’s policy of equal employment opportunities. 5. To the extent that our staff is not diverse, we will make special recruitment efforts as part of this plan. Each supervisor and member of the management staff must provide equal opportunity for all employees with regard to work assignments, training, transfer, advancement and other conditions and privileges of employment, and to work to assure a continuation of this policy of equal employment opportunity.