When responding to this posting please specify the job you are replying to in your cover letter.
Annual Fund & Special Events Manager – The Annual Fund & Special Events Manager provides leadership to the Boys & Girls Club of Allentown, Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors in the effective operation of assigned resource development activities which will include but not be limited to special events and the annual fund as required to fund Club operations and deliver programs within the community. Major responsibilities include managing all logistics for annual fund and special events (i.e. annual dinner and golf tournament), requesting and obtaining event sponsorships and solicitation of gifts, preparing related printed materials and publications, etc.
This is a full-time position. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred or equivalent experience is needed. Candidates must have a minimum of three years of proven documented experience working in non-profit agency fundraising field or resource development. Candidate needs a proven track record of requesting and obtaining sponsorship funds. Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency of fundraising techniques is necessary. Ability to organize and coordinate multiple fundraising projects at the same time is essential. Strong oral and written communication skills required. Knowledge of computer programs including Donor Perfect data base, excel, word and power point is preferred. EOE.
When responding to this posting please specify the job you are replying to in your cover letter. Resumes and cover letters can be sent to email@example.com. Please state salary requirements.
Development Director – The Development Director provides leadership to the Boys & Girls Club of Allentown, Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors to plan and execute resource development strategies and monitor progress towards goals. Key responsibilities include: cultivates and solicits major gifts and/or planned gifts from individuals; prepares and writes grants to corporations, foundations, government sources, United Way and others. Oversees and supervises the work of the Annual Fund & Special Events Manager to ensure all goals are met. Develops strategic alliances with community leaders and local officials.
This is a full-time position. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is needed, Master’s degree is preferred. Candidates must have a minimum of five years of proven, documented, successful, resource development experience working in non-profit agency. Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency of grant writing and fundraising techniques is required. Ability to organize and coordinate multiple resource development projects at the same time is essential. Strong oral and written communication skills required. Knowledge of computer programs including Donor Perfect database, excel, word and power point is preferred. EOE.
Resumes and cover letters can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state salary requirements.
Social Media Intern – The Social Media Intern will work directly with Annual Fund & Special Events Manager to promote the Boys & Girls Club of Allentown to the ever expanding social media audience. At the current time this will include and be limited to Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter platforms.
Maintain BGCA’s presences on online social networking sites by posting pictures, informative posts, videos, and other informative and visual materials that will develop and nurture an impactful relationship with our followers. All photos and videos of individuals (members, staff, volunteers and others) must have signed releases prior to any postings.
Promote BGCA’s mission, programs, and fundraising events. Keep our online audience posted on recent Club happenings and informed on how they can support our organization as a donor, volunteer, or sponsor.
Communicate with BGCA staff and administrators regularly to make sure that the content being shared is pertinent to the current happenings at the Club.
Ensure that all posted content follows the guidelines listed in our Employee Personnel Policy Manual and Social Media Policy.
Work with the Annual Fund & Special Events Manager to develop a timeline, plan, and goals for promoting the Great Futures Campaign, Annual Dinner, and Golf Tournament throughout the year.
Provide the Annual Fund & Special Events Manager weekly updates. And any other duties as assigned. Qualifications ”
A minimum of three years of undergraduate studies required
Passionate about the mission of Boys & Girls Club of Allentown and the kids we serve Exceptional communication, organizational, and time-management skills
Avid user of social media (primarily Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter)
Creative; able to think outside the box and promote BGCA to an online audience in a manner that will be inspirational, engaging, and thought-provoking
Completed course work on social media outreach preferred
To apply: Send your resume and a one-page writing sample to Miguel Rivera at email@example.com.
Clearances – How to Apply
In order to volunteer or be employed at BGCA you will need to present all three clearances that are less than one year old. You can obtain the clearances at the following places listed below. Both the PA Criminal Background check and the PA Child Abuse check may become free at no charge to volunteers by the end of July 2015. Stay tuned for further details about this state wide change.
Act 34 – PA Criminal Background
- Please select “Volunteer or Employment” depending on your circumstance for the Purpose of Request entry
- Apply online via the “epatch” system at https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Pay with credit/debit card ($10.00)
- Results should be instantaneous unless they are “under review” in which case, note your reference number and date of application and use that information to check back on the “epatch” website periodically until your results are available.
- Print clearance (be sure you click all the way through to the “certification form” button – the document you print must show your social security number, DOB, etc.) and submit to HR with other clearances.
- IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE: When you go into the PA Criminal Background clearance to view and print it, if you don’t either SAVE or PRINT out the clearance by clicking on the “CERTIFICATION” button, you will NOT BE ABLE to view or print out the actual clearance if you go back into the site. The CERTIFICATION button is just above the “BACK” button. Please be certain to PRINT your certification/clearance form before closing the page for yourself and BGCA.
Act 151 – PA Child Abuse
- Apply online at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
- You will need to create an account with a valid email address in order to apply (please follow directions carefully)
- Pay with credit/debit card ($10.00)
- This is a new online procedure; response time is anywhere between immediate and 2 weeks.
- Print clearance and submit to BGCA with other clearances
Act 114 – FBI Cogent Fingerprinting
- Apply online at https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_dpwNew.htm
- Register and pay with credit/debit card ($28.75)
- Print receipt and take it to a fingerprint location with a form of ID and get fingerprinted. There are a limited number of fingerprint locations listed on the website. The most convenient location to BGCA is the UPS Store on Lehigh Street, Allentown.
- Submit a copy of your receipt with the clearance that will arrive in the mail to BGCA along with your other clearances.
Affirmative Action Statement The Boys & Girls Club of Allentown provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, as noted in the EEO Statement, without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, or national origin, and promotes the full realization of this policy through a positive, continuing program of affirmative action. The Boys & Girls Club of Allentown is committed to equal opportunity for all applicants and employees in personnel matters including recruitment and hiring, benefits, training, promotion, compensation, transfer and layoff or termination. We strive for a staff that reflects diversity. We will attempt to achieve and maintain a diverse work force. These steps may include, but are not limited to, the following: 1. Pursuing our affirmative action program along with regular review by the Board of Directors. 2. Ensuring that the Boys & Girls Club of Allentown’s policy regarding equal employment opportunity is communicated to all employees. 3. Ensuring that hiring, promotion and salary administration practices are fair and consistent with the policy of the Boys & Girls Club. 4. Reporting to the Board of Directors on all activities and efforts to implement the Boys & Girls Club’s policy of equal employment opportunities. 5. To the extent that our staff is not diverse, we will make special recruitment efforts as part of this plan. Each supervisor and member of the management staff must provide equal opportunity for all employees with regard to work assignments, training, transfer, advancement and other conditions and privileges of employment, and to work to assure a continuation of this policy of equal employment opportunity.