Volunteers are a very important part of the Boys & Girls Club of Allentown. If you have a skill or interest you would like to share or just spend time with the children consider volunteering with us. Contact Elizabeth Butler at 610-432-9944.
Please print our volunteer application: Volunteer Application Form
Clearances – How to Apply
In order to volunteer or be employed at BGCA you will need to present the originals for all three clearances that are less than one year old. You can obtain the clearances at the following places listed below. Both the PA Criminal Background check and the PA Child Abuse check are free at no charge to volunteers for first-time applicants. Be aware that state wide changes are made to the clearance systems from time to time, however, BGCA attempts to update changes when they occur.
Act 34 – PA Criminal Background Clearance
- Apply online via the “epatch” system at https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Select “New Record Check (Volunteers Only)”.
- No payment for first-time volunteers.
- Results should be instantaneous unless they are “under review” in which case, note your reference number and date of application and use that information to check back on the “epatch” website periodically until your results are available.
- Request a mailed certificate.
- Print clearance (be sure you click all the way through to the “certification form” button – the document you print must show your social security number, Date of Birth, etc.) and submit to Human Resources with other clearances.
- IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE: When you go into the PA Criminal Background clearance to view and print it, if you don’t either SAVE or PRINT out the clearance by clicking on the “CERTIFICATION” button, you will NOT BE ABLE to view or print out the actual clearance if you go back into the site. The CERTIFICATION button is just above the “BACK” button. Please be certain to PRINT your certification/clearance form before closing the page for yourself and BGCA.
Act 151 – PA Child Abuse Clearance
- Apply online at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- You will need to “Create Individual Account” with a valid email address in order to login and apply – follow directions carefully and note your Account # & password.
- No payment for first-time volunteers.
- Response time is anywhere between immediate and two weeks, depending on volume of applications.
- Print clearance, request mailed certificate and submit original to BGCA.
Act 114 – FBI Fingerprinting – NEW PROCESS for 2018
- 1. Pre-Enroll online & print receipt, and
- 2. Get fingerprinting done at Identogo location.
- Pre-Enroll online at https://www.identogo.com
- Register online
- Volunteers use Service Code 1KG6ZJ
- Select appointment time or chose “walk-in” option.
- Print registration and take it to a fingerprint location * with a form of ID (Driver’s License, Passport or State ID) pay $23 (approx.) and get fingerprinted.
- Your LEGAL NAME must match exactly on all identification documents brought to enrollment.
- * There are a limited number of fingerprint locations listed on the website. The most convenient locations to BGCA are in Allentown & Hellertown:
- New: John Yurconic, Cedar Crest Blvd, Allentown
- 1382 Hanover Ave, Allentown Commons Plaza, Allentown, PA 18109. Open Mon-Fri, 9am-12 noon & 1pm-4:30pm.
- UPS Store,1866 Leithsville Rd (412), Hellertown, 18055. Open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm, & Sat, 9am-1pm.
- NOTE: This process could take 2 weeks or more.
- The clearance notice will arrive in the mail.
- Submit a copy of your receipt and the original clearance to BGCA along with the two other clearances.
Affirmative Action Statement: The Boys & Girls Club of Allentown (BGCA) provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, as noted in the EEO Statement, without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, age, marital status, ancestry, sex, national origin, citizenship, service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected by law, in accordance with applicable Federal. State and Local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. BGCA is committed to equal opportunity for all applicants and employees in personnel matters, including recruitment and hiring, benefits, training, promotion, compensation, transfer and layoff or termination. We strive for a staff that reflects diversity.