CHARACTER & LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT:
Youth are empowered to support and influence their club and community, sustain meaningful relationships with others, develop a positive self image, participate in the democratic process and respect their own and others’ cultural identities.
- Put Us on the M.A.P. – A hands on Multicultural Appreciation Program that celebrates diversity while combating prejudice and discrimination.
- Keystone/Torch Clubs – Small group-led service clubs which meet to plan and implement their own activities in areas such as community service, education, social recreation, free enterprise and leadership development.
- Youth of the Year – Premier youth recognition program that promotes and celebrates Club members’ academic performance, values, life goals, service to the club, community, and family.
- Junior Staff – These positions help members take responsibility for their Club by suggesting new programs and serving as role models and leaders.
EDUCATION & CAREER DEVELOPMENT:
Youth become proficient in basic educational disciplines, apply learning to everyday situations and embrace technology to achieve success in a career.
- Make Your M.A.R.K. (Motivated Academically Ready Kids) – Program that provides individualized educational activities in math and reading and motivational incentives for successful completion of work.
- Literacy 4 R Youth – A comprehensive literacy program for all members that develops their reading skills by using three distinct daily sessions that include: Homework Help, Computer Lab support, and Reading Group activities.
- Project Learn – Enhances the skills and knowledge our members learn at school during their hours at the Club utilizing high yield learning activities.
- Power Hour – Members earn prize coupons for completing homework assignments and learning enrichment activities such as educational games, silent reading, and worksheets.
- Career Launch – Members explore various occupations and career fields. Youth learn job skills and traits that employers value to help set them on the path to future success for entering the workplace.
- TECH Centers – Classes are age appropriate in order to provide optimal hands-on learning experiences. Classes are taught by a computer specialist and based on four components: orientation and introduction to computers; academic reinforcement; integration and use for all Club programs; and technology.
HEALTH & LIFE SKILLS:
Youth develop the capacity to engage in positive behaviors that nurture their own well-being, set personal goals and live successfully as self-sufficient adults.
- SMART Moves – A comprehensive prevention program that teaches participants how to resist alcohol/drug use and other risky behaviors through life skills, leadership development and peer support.
- SMART Girls – A health, fitness, prevention/education and self-esteem enhancement program designed to encourage healthy attitudes and life skills among pre-adolescent girls.
- Fitness Fusion – A comprehensive program in nutrition, health, fitness, and sports. Enables youth to develop a long-term healthy lifestyle.
Youth develop their creativity and cultural awareness through knowledge and appreciation of the visual arts, crafts, performing arts and creative writing.
- F.A.M.E. (Fun with Acting and Musical Expression) – Performing art classes and recitals including drama, music, and dance, along with opportunities to see local performances.
- Programs and Activities – are offered in art, crafts, and home economics. Members can also participate in talent shows and ethnic holiday celebrations.
SPORTS, FITNESS& RECREATION:
Youth develop fitness, sportsmanship, positive use of leisure time, skills for stress management, appreciation for the environment and social skills.
- Intramural Sports – Teams compete in basketball and flag football. In addition, aquatic and national programs are offered.
- Garden Club – Develop a green thumb by planting and maintaining herb, flower and vegetable beds at our community urban garden and create floral arrangements and other nature related crafts.